Submit Your Application
Greening The Islands Awards gives the opportunity to present viable projects and innovative in the field of sustainability. All the islands of the world are allowed to participate as long as they have worked on projects related to the following topics:
- Renewable energy and energy efficiency
- Sustainable mobility/transportation
- Public awareness campaigns
The deadline for submitting projects is November 4th, 2016. Projects that illustrate cooperation between islands are also qualified. Participation is free.
Projects will be evaluated based on qualitative and quantitative criteria. The quantitative criteria specific to the CO2 savings calculations, in absolute terms and in relative terms, and based on the number of inhabitants will be considered. The qualitative criteria relate to the ecological and economic value added, transferability to other islands or common areas, the degree of innovation, involvement and public awareness. The jury will evaluate the projects not only based on the level of environmental awareness and the degree of innovation in the regions of reference, but it will also consider the benefits that the project will bring to the area, but also the replicability and potential for the development of future projects.
How to register
Contest entry is made by completing the relevant registration form to fill out, click on “Submit Your Application”.
Deadline: SNovember 4th, 2016
Presentation of the awards
The Greening Awards will be given to the best projects in each of five categories:
- Category “Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency”
- Category “Sustainable Mobility”
- Category “Water”
- Category “Waste”
- Category “Public Awareness Campaigns”
An overall outstanding awards will be announced that includes all categories, and will be reserved to the Island that has accounted for oustanding CO2 savings.
Prizes for the winners:
- Presentation of the project during the awards ceremony as part of the International Conference “Greening the Islands” that will include the presence of international press.
- Award trophy Greening Award 2016
- Promotion of the winning projects in the international media.
- Permission to use the Greening Award 2016 logo on all printed and website materials